Todd Miller is a Turf Geek who never stops talking about Safety.
Todd is a career superintendent who started Golf Safety in 1998. After studying Turfgrass Management, Todd went on to work as a golf course superintendent for 15 years. During this time he experienced the extensive amount of hazards present at golf course maintenance facilities, and saw the need for thorough employee health and safety programs.
With a constant and endless to-do list, he found that it was was near impossible for a golf course superintendent to develop safety plans needed to make their golf course a safe workplace. Keeping up with new safety regulations and changes, and ensuring compliance with all state and local regulations is difficult in every industry, yet the resources available for the golf industry were lacking.
Passionate about safety, Todd decided to start Golf Safety, an employee health and safety consulting company. His purpose was, and still is, to build a safer workplace for the golf industry, one golf course at a time.
- Written Safety Policies
- Annual OSHA Facility Audits
- OSHA Hazard Communication Programs
- Emergency Action Plans
- Heat Illness Preventions
- Respirator Programs
- Bloodborne Pathogens Plans
- Fire Prevention Programs
- Lock-Out Tag-Out Programs
- Property Wide Safety Assessments
- SDS Notebook(s)
- Video Safety Training Service
- CERS (California Environmental Reporting System) Reporting
- Tier II Reporting (EPCRA)
- Label Books
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC)
- Best Management Practices Programs
- Natural Resource Management Programs
- Integrated Pest Management Plans
- Nutrient Management Plans
- Wildlife Management Programs
- Lake Management Plans
- Water Quality Management Plans